Lithium chloride (Anhydrous) is used in several different applications.
- Desiccant: Anhydrous lithium chloride has the ability to absorb moisture and is used as a desiccant to control humidity by absorbing moisture from the air.
- Solvent: Anhydrous lithium chloride is used as a solvent in some organic synthesis reactions and chemical processes.
- Manufacturing of Lithium Batteries: Lithium chloride is used in the manufacturing of certain types of lithium batteries. It functions as an electrolyte in batteries such as lithium-ion batteries.
- Cooling Cycles: Lithium chloride is used as a refrigerant in some cooling cycles. It undergoes a process of absorbing and then desorbing moisture to achieve cooling.
- Metallurgical Engineering: In metallurgical engineering, lithium chloride is used, particularly in the extraction and purification processes of lithium as welding flux.
Other than these applications, it is used for the following usage.
Brazing fluxes, catalyst for organic oxidation reactions, electrolyte in battery, solubilizer for polyamides and cellulose, doping salt for solid electrolyte batteries
- High Purity
- Water Soluble
- Absorbent materials
- Lithium-ion batteries